After a dark, cold and rainy week here in Philadelphia, the sun has FINALLY showed her pretty little face. It's still pretty flipping cold, but seeing the sun makes the wind and brisk temps so much more tolerable.
I usually do Friday's Letters link-up, but today I'm following the lead of one of my favorite local bloggers, SMD, and linking up to do The Friday Five. Changing it up a bit.
1) I was interviewed a few weeks ago by a writer from the Philadelphia Magazine to possibly be featured in the Go Red For Women section running in the February issue for Heart Awareness Month. I received confirmation yesterday that my story was chosen and will be one of the women listed as a heart awareness warrior!!
2) While I'm still covering Heart Awareness Month, here are a few pics from my photoshoot for the "I Heart CHOP" heart awareness campaign for The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. It was a BLAST!!!!!!! I'm fairly certain I had more fun than any of the young kids that participated. I also took some pics with a 12 year old boy who had heart surgery 2 WEEKS AGO!!! He looked amazing. And he asked me if I was an "older teenager." I almost hugged him til he popped.
3) Hockey starts back up for the Philadelphia Flyers tomorrow. Praise. The. Lord. It's been a looooong winter without me some hockey. Par-tay at our house tomorrow.
All Hail Claude Giroux
4) Even though a lot of the Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theory posts have slowed down on my Facebook feed, I still get twitchy when it comes to mind. A friend posted this today to put it all to rest. Now let these people grieve in peace already... Click here!
5) Suits returned last night on USA. Hockey and Harvey in the same week, I can hardly contain myself! Last nights episode kicked ass, and the chemistry between Harvey (Gabriel Macht) and Zoe (his real-life wife, Jacinda Barret... lucky bitch) was ridiculous!!!!!!
"...it's five o'clock somewhere."