Hello, hello! After a two day hiatus, I'm back! Did ya miss me? Or better yet, did you even notice I was gone?
Wednesday = Man, lupus sucks. I laid in bed all day. The end.
As per what is becoming routine, I am linking up with Joy for The Friday Five
1. Yesterday I saw my rheumatologist for my monthly checkup and infusion. He had been planning to lower my Prednisone, and alas, that didn't happen. My joints are too swollen, my platelets too low, my breath too short.
I mentioned one new symptom I've been having, and I saw the lightbulb go on over his head. Which, as my doctor, I'm glad the neurons are constantly firing, but this triggered concern about another autoimmune disease that he is now working me up for. It's called Bechet's Disease. Ever heard of it? Nope, me either. Apparently, it's quite rare. And the treatment... Prednisone and immunosuppressants. Awesome. Sauce. I'm doomed to be irritable and never fit into my regular clothes ever again. Call me vain. I'm fine with that. But it really makes me sad that I have a rather large closet full of clothes and all the diet and exercise in the world won't do anything to help them fit.
Fucking Prednisone. You are The DEVIL!!!!
C'mon Pfizer, get on that shit. And while you're at it, make it taste like chocolate instead of hot ass.
2. Brie and I have been going to monthly lectures given by the Center for Austism Research at CHOP discussing various topics on autism. It's been extremely interesting and informative. I love learning. It keeps my brain feeling like it's taking in some kind of knowledge since I've been on this 9+ month hiatus from work. Plus, I get Continuing Education credits for my license.
After the lecture, Brie and I walked the hospital for a few minutes. God, I miss being there. I miss working. I miss making a difference, and meeting amazing patients and families.
Sometimes I get down on myself for not working. I make jokes that I'm a drain on the economy, but it's hard not to feel that way. I've been working since a few days after my 14th birthday, and this is territory I'm not used to.
3. Yesterday kicked off Congential Heart Defect Awareness Week
Read this kick-ass story! So proud to be a part of the Cardiac Center at CHOP!
4. Shamrock Shakes are back. I was heading to Dunkin Donuts for some Operation Caffeination when I saw the sign at my local McD's on the opposite side of the road. Yours truly pulled a U-turn for some minty goodness.
No shame in my game
5. This... is awesome sauce dipped in jimmies. Thank you, Brie
Hope you all have a most fantastic weekend. According to the weather people, the northeast is supposed to get hit hard with snow. Yet, every news station is telling me something different. I'll just turn to FaceBook tomorrow for the "OHMYGODITSSNOWINGINWINTERTHEHORROR" status updates. I've said this before. It's winter, people. We get snow. 70 degree days on the last day of January are NOT NORMAL. That is called GLOBAL WARMING. Don't you listen to Al Gore?
Get your sweet asses over to my local lady love SMD for a sweet Target gift card giveaway.