‘Cause even though when times got rough, you never turned away…

Happy Friday Eve, bitches!

As you read this, I’m getting poison infused directly into my superior vena cava. Do I know how to have a good time, or what? This business of having lupus is a blast.

Do you all remember back in January when I was bugging you every single day to endorse me for the Wego Health Hilarious Health Activist Awards? It looks like all that begging bugging  paid off, because a few weeks ago I was contacted by someone at Wego Health that I was chosen as a finalist!!

Obviously I’m joking around (about the being popular thing, I AM a finalist!), I was actually quite shocked. Some of the writers who were nominated are professional, published writers; they don’t end sentences with prepositions, and they certainly know the proper use of semicolons (did I get that one right?).

Little old me throws around more f-bombs than probably deemed necessary, but, I guess that’s all part of this keepin’ it real package. I don’t sugar coat. When I’m feeling good, you know it, and when I’m feeling bad… you fucking know it.

I was so shocked to be nominated in the first place (who was it????), and to have made it as a finalist when there were SO many amazing and inspiring entries.. well, that completely threw me for a loop.

Get it? Loop. Lupus.

Bueller?

Via
The winners will be announced in a few weeks, so I will be keeping you updated! Again, thank you to those who nominated me, and the many who endorsed the nominations- there were over 300! Thank you to Wego Health who selected me as a finalist. Making it this far is an honor in and of itself!
Thank you! Thank you!!!
I’m going back to my poison. Here’s one of Philly’s FINEST! A little Boyz II Men bringing you into Throwback Thursday. Love you all <3

Comments

1. Yayyyy how exciting and congrats to you!!!!

2. Rachael says:

I was seriously wondering about this yesterday!! Something reminded me of WEGO and it made me wonder whether they chose the winner yet. I'm so happy you are a finalist!!! Whoohoo! I think some Girl Scout cookies are in order to celebrate,

3. Congrats, that's so exciting that you were chosen as a finalist! You totally deserve it!!

4. oh congrats!! that's awesome. and i love me a little boyz II men

5. Stephanie says:

Woo!! I'm so happy you made it as a finalist. You may not be a 'professional' but I like your more real style of writing anyway. And your f-bombs. Obviously.

6. Joey says:

I'm not surprised you were selected as a finalist. You tell it like it is in a way that makes everyone feel safe. You don't hide your emotions. You don't hide your situation. It's real. And plus–you're just a likable person 😉 Also–good job on the semicolon. You used it properly!

7. I'm excited for you! F-bombs and farts are where it's at.

8. Congratulations!!!! That is so super freaking awesome. Doing a little happy dance at my desk!

9. Congrats!!! You deserve it! Now, how do we rig this m-effer so you win???

10. AwesomelyOZ says:

WOOHOOO!! I voted for you every time you reminded me a few times each so boom baby!! Congratulations love and I hope you win!!!! 🙂 Uy I hope you have some Popsicle or something yummy while being infused with poison.. Have a great one love and tons of hugs! -Iva

11. Alyssa Whitt says:

Congrats! And I love a good Breakfast Club reference.

12. holli says:

sooooo awesome!!! i never doubted for a moment that you wouldnt place as finalist or hell you may win the whole damn thing!!!!
    now relax and concentrate on your massaging chair and butt warmers.

13. Emily says:

Congratulations! You deserve it for sure 🙂

14. Carly says:

Damn it, I think Blogger ate my comment. Anyway, I hope you win and I loved Boyz II Men back in the day. 7th grade was a good year for them.

15. WOOOO HOOOOO! Go on with yo' bad self!!! SIGN MY BRA!!!!

16. I need to remember to never complain because at least I'm not getting poison into me like you!

17. I think you should just be the winner right now. LOL on the Loopy. Once when my husband and I were in the process of drinking an entire bottle of Jose Cuervo
    Golden Margaritas- I called my sister Lori and started laughing hysterically so she named me Loopy. Still calls me that.
    Godspeed as always.
    Love, Steph's Momma

18. That's awesome girl! And that Boys II Men song is perfect! 🙂
    Eva Marie Taylor

19. Savanna says:

Good for you! Congratulations!

20. Cheriese says:

Omg this makes me so happy! You totally deserve it!! Yay, well done you Xx

21. Gwen says:

Hooray! Congratulations! I'm not surprised one bit.